STM Group Signs ‘Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Charter’
On 6th November, the Railway Industry Association (RIA) and Women in Rail (WR) have launched a Charter to champion equality, diversity and inclusion in the UK railway industry.
STM Group is proud to be a founding signatory of the Charter and commits to working together to build a more balanced, fair and high performing railway sector in the UK.
The Charter has been backed by over 100 organisations and involves several key commitments, including to:
- Appoint a member of the senior leadership team as an ‘EDI Champion’;
- Agree an action plan, monitor and report on progress made;
- Provide opportunities for training and education of employees, support the progression of diverse individuals into senior roles to improve diverse representation at senior and executive level of the UK railway industry;
- Create a culture that fosters inclusion and provide a safe space for all employees to talk openly, including at industry events and in meetings; and
- Make recruitment and progression processes accessible and attractive to all to attract retain and develop people of all backgrounds, ages, genders and identities.
STM CEO, Paul Jacomb on STM’s approach to equality, diversity & inclusion: ‘I am proud that STM Group (UK) Ltd is recognised as a diversity-aware employer, committed to promoting equality and inclusion. Through application of its Support, Trust, Manage Vision, STM is committed to treating all employees as “internal customers”, including the elimination of any signs of discrimination. I expect the STM culture and environment to be inclusive, where we benefit from a diverse workforce that is representative of all sections of society. ‘
Women in Rail Founder and Director Adeline Ginn MBE, said: “The rail industry has worked hard in the last few years to promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within its workforce. In these challenging times, it is important we strengthen these EDI efforts to ensure we attract and harness the skills, knowledge and insight from everyone representing all parts of our society and our customers.
This Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Charter represents our industry’s commitment to openly support this agenda and we are delighted to be partnering with the Railway Industry Association, and all the signatories, on this exciting initiative.”
To find out more about the EDI Charter, please click here