Website STM Group (UK) Ltd
An award-winning Company, providing bespoke Security, Cleaning and Customer Service solutions.
STM Group (UK) Ltd are recruiting for dedicated, resilient and motivated Security Officers to join its team at Brighton Station.
With continuous training, development and support you can be assured that you will have a fantastic career with STM Group.
The Security Officers are responsible for responding to any incidents, as appropriate, and ensuring that the Duty Station Manager and Station staff are informed by proactive use of the station’s radios. Good clear spoken instructions are required for this operation, and you may need to liaise with customers to help and assist in any travel / local information. The Security Officer is required to learn and understand the local information and is to use the local boards provided to help and assist any customers.
Where applicable other duties may include:
- Carry out full patrols of the station and all areas within its perimeter.
- Ensure that all station procedures are adhered to with regards to emergencies and safety, which may also be informing customers and staff. A high priority for all stations is to ensure all personnel stand behind the yellow line and that the local regulations are adhered to.
- To carry out agreed tasks given by the STM Management / Supervisors or station Duty Manager.
- Undertake and record all station security searches as defined by the Department for Transport category of your station, including lifts / disabled ramps / toilets where appropriate and as directed by station staff and STM Management Teams.
- To fully support the running of a right time railway, considering train performance in all duties, including reporting delayed trains and reasons for the delays to SWR operational control.
- The Security Officer must also take the lead in actively discouraging any anti-social behaviour on the station / depot to help minimise any risk to staff and passengers.
- Taking the lead in whether a BTP, Police or Emergency Service response is required and for keeping station staff fully briefed until they arrive. A clear outline of the incident must then be drawn up by the Security Officer in a “Incident Report” form and detail must include what happened and the action initiated.
- All designated platforms must be searched thoroughly during your security searches and the tag located in the area must be tagged as well at all times.
- All HOT and WHAT principles must be adhered to and carried out.
- Any suspicious packages or persons must be reported to the DSM or BTP on site immediately.
The successful candidate will not only be working for a recognised, award-winning, Company, but will also benefit from having access to a wide range of Company benefits, including:
- Smart uniform provided.
- Access to the Company Healthcare and Pension scheme.
- Access to the STM exclusive Benefits Platform, offering a wide range of employee options from retailer discounts to financial advice and wellbeing support.
- Working with a diverse, friendly, “One Team” culture.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
Shifts may vary any days between Monday to Sunday
Applicants must be flexible.
Timings: Day Shift 7pm – 3pm/ Mid Shift 3pm – 11pm/ Night Shift 11pm – 7am.
Officer’s may be required to work 12 hours some days on short notice.
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brighton: reliably commute and live within a 5-mile radius.
- Security: 1 year (preferred)
- SIA Badge
Work Location: One location (Brighton Station)
About STM Group (UK) Ltd– Diversity & Inclusion Champions of the Year 2022 (Security & Fire Excellence Awards)
STM Group (UK) Limited is an award-winning company, providing bespoke manpower service solutions. It specialises in the delivery of high-quality security, cleaning, and customer-focused, services, underpinned and supported by leading edge technology.
Established in 2005, and with offices in London and Manchester (where the Company 24 Hour Control Room is situated), STM has national coverage. The organisation has developed through controlled organic growth, combined with a selective acquisition strategy. The Company prides itself on the quality and flexibility of its service delivery model, with an underlying commitment to proactivity and reliability at the core of its philosophy.